Looking for a treatment that will give your Clients soft, smooth and perfectly hydrated-looking lips? Our Lip Trio may be the answer. This natural lip treatment offers visible results and an indulgent spa experience that your Clients will love. We’ll take a closer look at this lip protocol and explore why it’s a must-have addition to your spa menu.
Causes of Dry Vs Dehydrated Lips | What Is The Lip Trio Protocol? | How To Perform The 3-Step Lip Trio Protocol
Dry Vs Dehydrated Lips
As a spa professional and skin care expert, it’s important to understand the causes of dry and dehydrated lips to address your Clients’ discomfort. After all, the lips are part of skin care too! While sometimes these terms get confused, dry lips and dehydrated lips have different causes and need to be addressed in different ways.
Causes of Dry Lips
- Genetics and lack of natural oils: Dry lips are a skin type, where the skin on the lips lacks natural oils and can feel rough, scaly or cracked. The skin on the lips is thinner than the skin on other parts of the body and, as a result, it has fewer oil glands to produce natural oils.
- Exposure to cold, dry air: When winter comes around, the cold air and dry climate can cause the moisture in the lips to evaporate quickly, leading to dryness and cracking.
- Use of harsh or drying lip products: Certain lip products contain ingredients that can irritate some individuals who are already prone to dry skin. Ingredients include menthol, beeswax or paw paw, for example.
- Medical conditions: Skin conditions that cause dryness and inflammation, like eczema or psoriasis, can also affect the skin on the lips, leading to dryness and cracking.
Causes of Dehydrated Lips
- Lack of hydration in the body: Dehydrated skin is a temporary condition where the skin lacks water or hydration. Dehydration can cause the lips to feel dry and tight.
- Excessive caffeine or alcohol consumption: Caffeine and alcohol are diuretics, which means they can increase the amount of urine you produce and cause you to lose more fluids, leading to all-over dehydration.
- Medications: Some medications can also have a diuretic effect, which can lead to dehydration and dry lips.
- Medical conditions: Medical conditions, such as diabetes, can affect the body’s ability to retain moisture, leading to dehydrated lips.
What Is The Lip Trio Protocol?
The Lip Trio is a three-step system that is designed to exfoliate, plump and hydrate the lips. It can be incorporated into any facial or spa service; It’s also a great retail item, as Clients can continue to use this trio at home to maintain results. The system includes three products:
Citrus Enzyme Lip Exfoliator
The Citrus Enzyme Lip Exfoliator is a gentle exfoliating scrub made with natural enzymes and Vitamin C to slough away dead skin cells and reveal smoother, softer lips. It is formulated with orange and lemon peel, both natural exfoliants and antioxidants rich in Vitamin C.
Lip Comfort Plumping Masque
This luxurious lip mask is crafted with a blend of shea butter, avocado oil and hyaluronic acid to deeply hydrate and plump the lips. It also contains paprika extract, which creates a natural flush and plumping effect on the lips.
Citrus Lip Balm
Indulge Clients with a petroleum-free, citrus-infused lip treat that combines the nourishing benefits of shea butter and sunflower seed oil to provide optimal hydration and a gorgeous shine to your lips. Our lip care formula is enriched with natural peptides that, with regular use, help to create a plumping effect that smooths fine lines and lends the lips a more youthful and voluptuous appearance.
One customer, Veronica R., left this review regarding the Lip Trio: “I am a believer! So, I was skeptical. My lips always tend to be dry. I have tried many different products which really haven’t made any difference. I went ahead and used this product together and was shocked to see how smooth my lips felt. It was amazing with just one application (used all three products per instructions).”
How To Perform The 3-Step Lip Trio Protocol
Step 1: Exfoliate
Remove any lipstick or foundation from the lip outline area using one of the following cleansers:
Apply a thin layer of the Citrus Enzyme Lip Exfoliator to the lip outline and lip surface. Allow to remain on for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove with a damp sponge and blot with a tissue or clean towel.
Step 2: Comfort
Following the lip exfoliation, apply a thin layer of the Lip Comfort Plumping Masque to the lip outline and lip surface. Allow the mask to penetrate for 5 minutes. Then remove the product with a damp sponge and blot it with a tissue or clean towel.
Step 3: Plump And Hydrate
Apply the Citrus Lip Balm as the last step of the facial. If you’ve applied a moisturizer or the Sun Defense Minerals to the Client’s skin, you’ll want to apply the Citrus Lip Balm after these products. Apply it directly to the lips.
For best results, recommend the take-home retail Citrus Lip Balm product. Ask the Client to use it as often as required (up to a daily basis) so that they see the desired lip-plumping results they’re looking for.
Give it a try and see how it can benefit your spa and your Clients today. You can also find out how to become an Eminence Organics Spa Partner here.